“Grief is really all this love to give with nowhere for it to go.” 💗
Dear Oliver,
Today is Valentine’s Day. I’m thinking of you today especially. I love you so much it hurts. Today is the day to let those close to you know that you love them. I wish I could call you up right now and talk to you and tell you that I miss you and I love you. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you. Of all the people in the world, of all the people in my life who I love, you’re the one who means the most to me. I just want to know you and spend time with you. That’s all. I just want to be in your presence and hear your cute laugh in person. And give you a big hug. And read you a story. And tickle you and play dinosaurs and cars with you. I’m not asking to be your mom. You already have one. I just want to know you and spend time with you. My heart aches to know you. I pray that you will hold a space for me in your heart. That you will make room for me in your life and that you will want me in it. I can’t predict the future. But I have a lot of hope that you and me will be buddies. That over the years, I will be someone that you will want in your life. Who you will want to spend time with and build a relationship with. My heart will always have a special place for you. And I will always make room for you in my life. That’s a promise.
Love,
Your birth mother
Your birth mother
P.S. My birthday is in a few weeks and your parents said we could FaceTime. Seeing you and talking to you is all I want for my birthday. I can’t wait! XOXO
Comments
Post a Comment