Rejection

I love this song and the lyrics describe how I'm feeling.
Jordin Sparks - It Takes More



Dead to me
A page in history
Again set free
Ready Steady Heidi

I've rejected plenty of guys over the years, so I guess it's only fair that it happens to me too... over. And over. And over again. And again. And again. Yes, that's right. 5 times in the past 5 months. I know there's a lesson to learn about this, but it doesn't make dating any easier. Reasons these 5 guys have given me or conclusions I've drawn are as follows:

Guy #1: "I want action. I am exploring new lifestyles right now... I can't be what you're looking for... basically I just want sex from you."

Guy #2: "I want action. I have no self control and feel like if we become exclusive, I'll try and sleep with you... I can't live with that kind of guilt. You're great, but there may be someone even better around the corner so I can't be tied down."

Guy #3: "I'm experimenting right now, finding myself. The church may or may not be true, but I don't care enough to find out. Plus I don't do long distance relationships... or in other words, you don't mean enough to me to put effort into one."

Guy #4: "I'm too good for you. I'm such a hot commodity that I can't be in a relationship right now... I just want to be friends with you because you're so awesome." (Yeah right).

Guy #5: "I am holier than thou... I'm EQ president and have an image to maintain, if only to myself. I feel impure if I admit to myself that I'm attracted to you and enjoy being physical with you... therefore this can't work out."

Like the double rainbow guy, I am left asking myself "What does this mean??" I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to mean, but I have a pretty good idea Satan is involved. I'm not sure if God is trying to get a message across to me (such as... GO ON A MISSION), or if it's really just Satan trying to keep me down. It's easy to feel like something is very wrong with me. That I am damaged goods. That I will never be good enough for a guy. But deep down, I know it is Satan that puts such thoughts in my mind. I must work to overcome those negative thoughts and always remember that I am a daughter of God. A good person, with a good heart, with lots to offer. And if others can't see that, it's not my problem. It's theirs. And really, I'm better off single if my worth is not recognized or appreciated.

Comments

  1. Heidi,
    You are an amazing, talented, beautiful, smart, funny (the list goes on and on)! I am sorry you are having a rough patch at dating. I know there is someone out there for you. Don't give up and I am glad you recognize that it may be Satan. Trust me, you are NOT damaged goods. I love you and only want you to be happy. Hang in there and let me know if I can do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I'm so glad I have you as a friend. And likewise, you're so wonderful! Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness Factor

Have You Ever