Doing What You Love vs. Paying the Bills

“I spent two years working in marketing, waiting for the moment when the amount of money I was getting would somehow offset the reality of not doing what I love. That moment never came, of course, because you can’t get enough of what you don’t really want.” -Pavel Sokov, artist, via Buzzfeed

Those words hit me so hard because they're true. No amount of money will make you happy doing a job you don't want to be doing. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart and take a leap of faith.

I refuse to be miserable doing a job that pays well. I've done it before, and I'm doing my best to never do it again. Unfortunately, when you're broke, you don't have many options. I hope to be in a position someday soon to really pursue my passions again. Going after your dreams is incredibly hard and discouraging. You will fail time and time again. But persistence pays off, I know it does. So hang in there and look to brighter days when you can really start pursuing your passions and what fulfills you. That time will come soon enough. I just know it will.

xoxo, Heidi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rejection

Happiness Factor

Have You Ever