You Just Have to Live
I saw a quote recently that said, "You don't have to live forever. You just have to live." I liked it. So much of my life I believed I would live forever. My body would die, but my spirit would live on forever. This thought pattern has limited me in some ways. Not that I haven't had a good life, because I have. But have I always embraced life to its fullest and experienced all it has to offer? No, for the most part I've been overly cautious and fearful. As of now, my beliefs are changing. I'm opening myself up to new things and not letting fear, guilt, and shame control me. My beliefs are evolving and will continue to evolve. And that's ok. I don't have all the answers, and don't pretend to. But I do know that this life is short. And we can't waste away our days waiting for something wonderful to just happen to us. We have to go after it and create the future we want to have. That means taking risks and making mistakes. It's ok to be young and reckless once in a while. Mistakes are inevitable, but experience is the best teacher. You're only young once. YOYO!
Comments
Post a Comment