I Fall for the Wrong Type
A guy with a job, a car, doesn't live with his parents. Even better is a guy with money who has a career, a nice car, and his own place. But that seems almost impossible so we'll stick with him just having a car, a job, and an apartment with roommates.
It's true, I've been known to fall for one guy in particular who didn't have a car or a job, and who lived in his dad's one-bedroom apartment. Can you say awkward? It might be acceptable for a 19-year-old. But he was 27.
I must really love a challenge.
I always seem to end up with guys who are hopelessly immature, afraid of long-term commitment, and lack any drive or ambition whatsoever. They don't follow through on what they tell me, they don't do anything nice for me, don't make me feel special, and frustrate and disappoint me to no end.
Yet somehow I can't walk away.
The thought of losing him completely devastates me. I guess I'm a sucker for his wit and good looks, and I've gotten used to mediocrity.
Maybe my brain has equated nice with boring. And I loathe boredom.
I know I need to snap out of it... which is why I'm taking a break. I'm not interested in dating anyone. If I get asked out, I'm going to say no. In fact, I've started to date myself. I bought myself a dozen roses yesterday. And you know what?
It felt really good.
Here's Shannon Colleary's hilarious post on "10 Signs You're Dating An Asshat." I laughed out loud, because I can relate!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shannon-colleary/10-signs-youre-dating-an-asshat_b_5235051.html?fb_action_ids=10152537526467526&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B657647494305606%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
Comments
Post a Comment