Rejection Is God's Protection

Trusting God is something I have a hard time with. I tend to think I'm so smart and have all the answers. But I constantly fail and run into obstacles. It's confusing and heartbreaking when things don't work out the way you planned. But what I so often forget is that rejection is God's protection.

Rejection and endings are a part of life. I've been laid off from great jobs, had many relationships end, and so forth. I ran across this blog post by Karen Ann Pavlick about how rejection is God's protection. http://blog.castingnetworks.com/5816

Karen puts it so perfectly, and I agree completely.

She says: "Rejection is part of everyone’s life. Actors get rejected every day. Relationships you hoped would take you to “I do,” end up on the cutting room floor! People you thought were your friends, were all along your enemies. Rejection is never easy. It takes you down a spiral path of trying to “figure it out,” wasting endless hours and sleepless nights wondering what you could have done differently. It stems from low self-worth, allowing your mind to battle with your heart, believing you are not “good enough.” That couldn’t be further from the truth; you are good enough for God, that’s why He is protecting you."

Rejection is merely God’s way of yelling, “Wrong Direction!”

Karen continues: "If you knew this to be true, wouldn’t it change the way you looked at rejection? You may even feel some excitement the next time you felt rejected, because, deep down you would know it was God‘s way of protecting you from something you could not see and guiding you in a better direction? That’s exactly how I felt after I was let go of what I thought was my dream job. Even though, at first, I was met with sadness and confusion, deep down, I knew and trusted there had to be something greater, I just didn’t know what it was in that moment."

I can identify with this more than ever as I struggle to find meaning in my life and fulfill my life's purpose. I have several ideas of what I should do with this time I've been given, including:

-Write a book
-Write a screenplay
-Do commercials and pursue acting
-Improve my health and wellness through clean eating and exercise

These are all things I wouldn't have had the time or energy to do if I was still working my full time job, or had gotten married and had kids. God knows what's best for me and what will bring me the most happiness and fulfillment. Everything happens in his own time. When I try to force things to happen that weren't meant for me, like jobs and relationships, it only brings me stress and disappointment. I need to work on letting go of things that aren't meant for me so the things and people that are will manifest themselves. I can't let loneliness and fear control my life decisions any longer. I am enough and I am my own worst enemy. The only thing that stands in the way of my happiness is me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rejection

Happiness Factor

Have You Ever