Owl love you forever, owl like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. This blog is dedicated to Oliver, my birth son, who inspires me to become my best self as I journey in self-discovery and acceptance with my adoption.
18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently
I'm the creative type, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love this song and the lyrics describe how I'm feeling. Jordin Sparks - It Takes More Dead to me A page in history Again set free Ready Steady Heidi I've rejected plenty of guys over the years, so I guess it's only fair that it happens to me too... over. And over. And over again. And again. And again. Yes, that's right. 5 times in the past 5 months. I know there's a lesson to learn about this, but it doesn't make dating any easier. Reasons these 5 guys have given me or conclusions I've drawn are as follows: Guy #1: "I want action. I am exploring new lifestyles right now... I can't be what you're looking for... basically I just want sex from you." Guy #2: "I want action. I have no self control and feel like if we become exclusive, I'll try and sleep with you... I can't live with that kind of guilt. You're great, but there may be someone even better around the corner so I can't be tied down." Guy #3: "I'm ...
I ran across this awesome article on 22 things happy people do differently. This is really excellent advice. I think I do a lot of them, but there's def some room for improvement. The original post is at http://successify.net/2012/10/31/22-things-happy-people-do-differently/. Here they are, along with my own thoughts: 1. Don't hold grudges. HK: This is way important. By making the conscious decison to not hold a grudge, a huge burden is automatically lifted off your shoulders. 2. Treat everyone with kindness. HK: Live the golden rule. You want people to be nice to you? That means you gotta be nice to them. Plus, it's what Jesus would do. He would be nice to the jerks and the people that use you. 3. See problems as challenges. HK: And more importantly, as opportunities. For personal growth and positive change. 4. Express gratitude for what they already have. HK: I find life goes pretty good when I take the time to thank God for all of the blessings and wonderful ...
Have you ever felt alone in a crowded room? I have. Have you ever had to fake a smile and pretend that you're happy when inside you're dying? I have. Have you ever been painfully misunderstood by everyone that knows you? I have. Have you ever been unfairly judged by someone else? I have. Have you ever been betrayed by your closest friends? I have. Have you ever longed for someone to love you back? I have. Have you ever put your heart on the line and had it trampled over? I have. Have you ever been totally used and taken advantage of? I have. Have you ever given someone a second, third, fourth chance when they never deserved it in the first place? I have. Have you ever tried to change someone so they can reach their full potential just to watch it blow up in your face? I have. Have you ever settled for Mr. Right Now instead of Mr. Right? I have. Have you ever had to learn your lesson the hard way? I have. Have you ever compromised your standards in order to make someone else hap...
Comments
Post a Comment