A Letter to My Future Self

I ran across a website that lets you send an email to your future self at futureme.org. You pick the date for it to be sent. In this case, I picked one year from today. It made me reflect on how I want my life to be in one year. I really hope my life is better by the time I receive the email. Here's a copy of what I wrote.

Dear FutureMe,

Well, if you're reading this, it's now April 26, 2015. Here's what I hope your life looks like: I really hope you're not dating Danny anymore. I hope you are working on improving yourself and getting a job that fulfills you and makes you happy. Oh, and also pays well. I really hope you're setting the bar higher with guys and not going out with just anyone. I hope you are looking for someone who makes good money, wants a relationship, marriage, a family. I hope you're looking for a nice guy that treats you like a princess. I hope you're not putting up with any disrespect or bad treatment.

Here's a recap of your current life as of April 26, 2014.

-Working at Gold's Gym for $8 an hour (minimum wage)
-Working as a TV and film extra for $8 an hour
-Freelance writing for OC Metro - hardly ever
-Broke with no savings
-Approved for food stamps
-Living in Pasadena with a lame roommate (although I love my room)
-150 pounds (gained 10-15 pounds in 6 months)
-Questioning my religious beliefs
-Strained family relationships
-In an open relationship with Danny. Unfulfilling.
-Not many friends
-Worst acne of my life
-Lacking discipline and motivation to pursue freelance writing, screenwriting, weight loss, and a better life in general.

If your life isn't dramatically better than it is in 2014, PLEASE do something about it. I know at times you might feel like it's not true, but you are worth it and deserve a good life. The only thing standing in the way of what you want is yourself.

Love,
PastMe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rejection

Happiness Factor

Have You Ever