Restless!!
I am so restless I can barely stand it. I'm having the hardest time staying motivated at work. It seems like life would be so much easier and better if I had tons of money and didn't need a job at all! That would be the life. I could go anywhere and do anything I want. But alas, this isn't reality, and I would eventually get bored anyway. I would need to contribute to society somehow. Make a difference. Have a meaningful life. The trick is doing that within the workforce.
I feel like I'm reaching people to some extent through my writing, and I'm making priceless connections through my extensive work contacts. If only there was a way to reach more people, to have a more significant impact on people. I know through hard work and dedication I can achieve that in time, but I'm not exactly the most patient person on the planet. I hate waiting for things to happen. I hate when something is totally out of my control and there's nothing I can do about it. So now I need to make the best of what I have. Here are some goals to help me be more productive at work, and in turn, more fulfilled.
1. Limit Facebook time to ONCE A DAY at lunch!!! (This will be very hard for me).
2. Spend a few minutes every day organizing and keeping my desk free of clutter.
3. Stick to the schedule I made with Book of Lists. Contact people like crazy. Just do it and make it happen - no excuses.
4. Work hard to be ahead of schedule so I can ask for more writing projects.
5. Build my portfolio with quality writing so I can get a better, more meaningful job!
6. Stop caring so much about being buddy-buddy with coworkers. It's hard to be left out, but really it's not that important.
7. Make it to work earlier!
That's all I can think of right now. But it's a pretty good list. I hope work becomes more fulfilling by sticking to these goals, because I'm pretty much going crazy right now.
Peace out.
I feel like I'm reaching people to some extent through my writing, and I'm making priceless connections through my extensive work contacts. If only there was a way to reach more people, to have a more significant impact on people. I know through hard work and dedication I can achieve that in time, but I'm not exactly the most patient person on the planet. I hate waiting for things to happen. I hate when something is totally out of my control and there's nothing I can do about it. So now I need to make the best of what I have. Here are some goals to help me be more productive at work, and in turn, more fulfilled.
1. Limit Facebook time to ONCE A DAY at lunch!!! (This will be very hard for me).
2. Spend a few minutes every day organizing and keeping my desk free of clutter.
3. Stick to the schedule I made with Book of Lists. Contact people like crazy. Just do it and make it happen - no excuses.
4. Work hard to be ahead of schedule so I can ask for more writing projects.
5. Build my portfolio with quality writing so I can get a better, more meaningful job!
6. Stop caring so much about being buddy-buddy with coworkers. It's hard to be left out, but really it's not that important.
7. Make it to work earlier!
That's all I can think of right now. But it's a pretty good list. I hope work becomes more fulfilling by sticking to these goals, because I'm pretty much going crazy right now.
Peace out.
Comments
Post a Comment